We believe that students learn best when their hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. Consequently, our courses consist of short 3 to 4-minute videos separated by interactive coding exercises. Videos are intended to teach students the concepts necessary to solve the exercises that follow. A course is intended to cover a similar amount of material as a 4-hour workshop.
Courses consist of:
- Four chapters
- 12-15 lessons
- 44-60 exercises (including videos)
Chapters consist of:
- 3-4 lessons
- 8-12 exercises (Chapter 1 only)
- 10-16 exercises (Chapters 2-4)
Lessons consist of:
- One video followed by 2-4 exercises
- We think of a lesson as the basic unit of a course. A lesson must have a clear learning objective that is laid out in the video and applied in the exercises.