This article will provide an overview of the components found in the DataCamp Course Maintenance Dashboard, and what they can tell you about how your course is performing.
Logging Into the DataCamp Course Maintenance Dashboard
- Your username is the email associated with your DataCamp account. To get your password, email [email protected] or speak to your Content Developer.
First Step: Locate Your Course
Use the sidebar on the left hand side to select Quality > Courses. Then use the “Select Course” in the main dashboard view.
If you have multiple courses, you can use this to view one course at a time. If you only have one course, the course metrics will be automatically opened.
Take note of the Selected Date Range when viewing the Course Dashboard
- Browse Feedback (SCT/Hint): Read through feedback messages from users for all exercises
- Browse Incorrect Attempts: See what users are submitting as incorrect answers
- Links to Github, Teach, Campus: Quickly move to the various sites and platforms you will need to submit corrections and perform maintenance
- Individual/Group Filter: The default is set to “All Users”. This filter is informative for “digging into the data” of your course, but may not be relevant for maintenance. Group subscribers are usually Enterprise customers whose organizations have paid for their subscription
- Paid Filter: The default is set to “Paid”. This filter is informative for “digging into the data” of your course, but may not be relevant for maintenance. Unpaid subscribers include academic learners who receive access to DataCamp through an education partnership
- Course Performance Metrics (Note: each of these icons creates a visualization in the space below, and a short description can be found by clicking on the (i) icon)
Average Rating: this is the average of the ratings given at the end of each chapter. The numbers in the top right indicate where your course ranks relative to all courses with more than 25 ratings in the same time period.
Number of Completions: Completions by users in the selected date range.
28-Day Completion Rate: Counts the number of learners who started the course during the selected date range, then calculates the percentage of them who completed the course within 28 days from their start date.
Number of Feedback Messages: Counts the number of feedback messages accumulated over the selected date range
These filters control the time series data visualization, which can also be exported as a CSV.
Chapter and Exercise Views
The Chapter and Exercise views provide overall performance metrics for each level. These can be sorted by column in ascending or descending order.
Learn More About:
Issues / Feedback / Incorrect Attempts
The Issues/Feedback (SCT/Hint)/ Incorrect Attempts tabs will display the feedback for the exercise selected in the Exercise Viewer. These can be sorted by each column in ascending or descending order.
Learn More About:
Solution/Sample Code/ Pre Exercise Code / SCT/ Assignment / Instructions / Hint
Displays the current information for the exercise selected in the above Exercise Viewer